The girl was reportedly in full cardiac arrest when Rural Metro got the call.
A doctor who was at the lake did CPR on the child and got them breathing by the time a medical crew arrived, officials said.
The child was taken to a local hospital by helicopter, officials said. She was alert and breathing when she was taken to the hospital.
The child's condition was not immediately known.
The family told Rural Metro that the 5-year-old was possibly exposed to carbon monoxide during a boat ride and that may have led to the incident.