A young woman in Columbus County died last year in what was first thought of to be a drowning. She slipped off the back of a boat in Columbus County.
But, it turns out it was carbon monoxide poisoning, which really surprised me. I had assumed you could only face that danger in an enclosed space, but it’s a real danger in the back of certain styles of boats.
Now, the young lady’s family and emergency responders are trying to raise awareness to this hidden danger.
And also, please make sure to stay safe while enjoying your time in the sun this summer.