After waking up to use the restroom in the middle of the night, William Allan III looked out the window and saw his 30 foot, 2001 Pursuit 3000 Offshore, Inboard Engine boat on fire and called 911, Deputy John Grothe, an investigator with the fire marshal’s office, said.
The fire, reported at 2:52 a.m. at 266 Quarter Creek Dr., was determined to be accidental as the result of an electrical failure of an energized shore power line charging batteries and appliances on the vessel, according to the report.
The boat, which was hovering over the water on a lift in the private residence, had an estimated damage of $80,000 and content damage of $20,000. It took 25 first responders 30 minutes to control, according to the report.
Another boat was on the dock but did not sustain any damages, investigators said.
Queenstown Volunteer Fire Department was the primary company on scene; Grasonville, Goodwill and Kent Island also responded.